Starlit Point is an outdoor wedding venue where couples can host ceremonies and receptions with family and friends, under a dreamy star-lit Prairie sky in the transparent tent. With rolling landscapes along the Red River valley, combined with never-ending farmland and open sky, our venue provide the most authentic Prairie wedding experience for the couple and their guests.
- How and when did you get started in the industry?
We've always wanted to start a business together, with Lance's architecture background and my marketing education we believed we can start something special.
We got married in 2017 and afterwards went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. During our honeymoon, we were brainstorming business ideas and remembered how difficult it was to find a beautiful outdoor venue. As soon as we got back from our honeymoon, we contacted our real estate agent and started seeing properties. When we arrived at this riverfront property, we knew immediately that we could turn this into something magical. With the help of family and friends, we renovated the bungalow, put in the tent and parking lot and started booking weddings in 2019.
- Where are you based and where do you meet with clients?
We provide private tours at the venue when the tent is set up from May to October.
- What services do you offer? ( Try to keep this evergreen, don't include pricing so that way if the blog is up for years to come, there is nothing that needs to be updated).
We provide a complete facility rental that includes all essential buildings, furniture and ground requirements to host your dream event, leaving you the freedom to choose any vendors that suit your budget and style.
- What is the biggest trend you have seen since being in the industry?
Neutral colour palette, florals and modern decor.
- How far in advance do your clients typically book you?
Prime dates fill up a year in advance.
- Can you give us one of your industry tips that brides or grooms don't often know?
Invest in a videographer and take sunset photos.
- How you do stand out?
We provide a beautiful transparent tent with draperies, chandeliers, twinkle lights, modern cross back chairs and harvest tables that require minimal decorations. Couples can stay overnight at the Bridal Cottage after the wedding.