- Who are you, what you do and who you serve?
We are storytellers who use moving pictures to tell the stories of wild lovers and wilder love.
In short, we are wedding videographers, based in Winnipeg. We limit our number of clients each year so that we can effectively serve each one, fulfilling our obligation to provide memories which will last a lifetime.
- How and when did you get started in the industry?
Seven years ago we made a video for some friends, put it online, and the next call we got was from the Prime Minister's office (yes, the actual PM of Canada), asking us to shoot a film for them. From there it spiraled out of control in the best possible way. In the past seven years we've filmed pretty much everything, but our favourite is weddings.
- Where are you based and where do you meet with clients?
Winnipeg -- Online video calls during COVID.
- What services do you offer?
We offer full wedding coverage, and we specialize in highlight films.
- What is the biggest trend you have seen since being in the industry?
To be honest, we aren't great trend followers/watchers. Our work has evolved from focusing on the entirety of the wedding day to being able to effectively communicate our client's stories.
- Which venue do you work in the most frequently?
We shoot everywhere! We shoot often at the Gates, St. Charles Country Club, Hawthrone Estates and recently Kinloch Grove.
- How far in advance do your clients typically book you?
Usually about a year out from the wedding. However, last minute bookings always happen to be the most fun!
- Can you give us one of your industry tips that brides or grooms don't often know?
Hire a photographer and videographer that you get along well with. They'll be hanging around with you all wedding day long, so you'd better like them!
- How do you stand out?
Our goal is to build rapport and relationship with each couple. We strive to take the mystery out of the videography experience. We are well versed in intimate celebrations as well as large weddings.
Want to see more of Prairie Film Co? Check them out on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and their Blog!