Finding a DJ that can keep the dance floor packed and keep the guests entertained is tough. Determining your play & do-not play list is also tough. Allow DJ Sir Charles to guide you through the music planning process! We worked with Charlie recently at Starlit Point on Devin & Santanna's wedding, and he was incredible.
Check out this spotlight for more information on his company.
- What do you do and who do you serve?
Hi, I'm Charlie, behind the booth, I'm DJ Sir Charles. I help couples with their weddings and making it their most memorable day with great music.
- How and when did you get started in the industry?
I started in the industry in September 2008 with a DJ company. They set me up with events to play and I worked with them for almost 4 years
- Where are you based and where do you meet with clients?
Winnipeg and surrounding areas. Post-covid, typically online chats on zoom. Pre-covid, coffee shops or restaurants preferred or convenient for the people I meet
- What services do you offer?
DJ Services, dance floor lighting, and in-depth wedding day music programming.
- What is the biggest trend you have seen since being in the industry?
The couples that choose to work with me tend to prioritize their guests having a fun time and staying late.
- Which venue do you work in the most frequently?
Equal between a couple of them: Qualico Centre, Fort Garry Hotel, and Elmhurst Golf and Country Club.
- How far in advance do your clients typically book you?
This can range from 3 weeks to 2 years, but on average I would say 10 months to a year.
- Can you give us one of your industry tips that brides or grooms don't often know?
Having professional vendors makes your big day go by so much smoother. The fewer things to worry about, the more you can just enjoy the day and create fun memories.
- How you do stand out?
I'm great with people and I'm confident with what I do.
- Anything else you would like to mention?
A great DJ does not only know good music but also when and how to use it.
Do you want to see more of DJ Sir Charles? Check him out on Instagram & Facebook